Terms & Conditions
THRIVE FITNESS TERMS & CONDITIONS
This document details the Terms and Conditions regarding:
- Our facility rules
THRIVE FITNESS RULES
Hout Bay Thrive Fitness (Pty) Ltd
(Registration Number 2018/409053/07)
THE RULE BOOK
Before we get your heart racing, there are a few things we’d like to point out in the interests of your security, safety, overall health and to ensure you have a good time at our facility.
Everyone at Thrive Fitness must play by The Rule Book (“Rules”), and by agreeing to them during your registration process, you will be bound by them, so please take a moment to familiarise yourself with them. Your failure to comply with the Rules may result in severe consequences for your continued use of the facility and in some instances, may even affect your continued relationship with Thrive Fitness. These Rules cover all offerings, equipment and facilities of Thrive Fitness.
WHO SHOULD PLAY BY THE RULES?
All customers, guests, tenants, contractors, visitors and staff must play by the Rules.
If you do not comply, we may ask you to leave the facility, deny you access to the facility or (if it’s really serious) we may ban you from future classes or our facility.
THE ODD CHANGE
We may change these Rules occasionally but we’ll be sure to let you know if we’re going to do so by updating our website, www.thrivefitnesssa.co.za. While we will endeavour to notify all customers on our database of any major changes, please look out for any changes that may be implemented from time-to-time.
OUR FACILITY IS FOR THE USE OF THOSE WHO HAVE REGISTERED ON OUR WEBSITE ONLY.
- By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions upon registration, you confirm that you’re aware of, and take responsibility for, any applicable risks to your health when exercising and that you’ll seek appropriate medical advice prior to exercising if necessary.
- It is your responsibility to check with your healthcare provider before you start a new fitness programme. You should have a physical exam to see if you have any health risks.
- We recommend that you spend 10 minutes warming up your muscles before starting any type of exercise. If you jump straight in, you risk damaging your muscles and/or straining your heart.
- Remain well hydrated while exercising. No food or drinks other than plastic water bottles and sports drinks are allowed on the training areas.
- Please carry a sweat towel at all times and use the disinfectant spray and paper towels available to wipe equipment after use.
- If you experience acute pain, dizziness, a sudden headache or chest pain, stop exercising immediately and inform a staff customer. You could hurt yourself if you ignore the pain.
- Please let us know if there are any changes in your medical condition.
GENERAL USE OF THE FACILITY
- Please enter and leave the facility punctually according to our opening and closing times.
- Pets (other than guide dogs) are not permitted.
- Firearms or other weapons are not permitted anywhere within the facility (unless the weapon is in the possession of an on-duty customer of the national police force who is at the facility in his/her official capacity on police business or protecting an official person/government minister. Note that police officers/security officials who are utilising any facility or equipment are on the premises as a customer and may not bring a weapon into the facility).
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the facility, including the outdoor training areas.
- You may not bring alcohol or drugs into the facility.
- You may not sell and/or market any product or service to other customers while at our facility.
- You consent to us using your image if taken during photo shoots of the facility or for social media and other marketing purposes.
- The use of Thrive Fitness’s name or logo for promotional, marketing, advertising or any other activity is prohibited.
- Our WiFi is available for use by you, subject to the terms and conditions of Thrive Fitness’s Wi-Fi policy outlined below:
- The user must refrain from visiting, downloading or transmitting from sites that are deemed inappropriate or offensive, pornographic, or that contain material of an obscene nature. Any user who inadvertently accesses an inappropriate Internet site must immediately close the session or return to the previous page.
- Usage of WiFi is entirely at the risk of the account holder. As such, we strongly recommend that devices have up-to-date anti-virus and all security updates applied before using the service.
- Infected devices will be disconnected from the network.
- Violation of this policy will result in suspension of devices and WiFi use privileges.
- We take a zero tolerance approach towards the use, sale or endorsement of any form of illegal and/or performance enhancing drugs (including steroids or any other banned substances) at our facility.
- Any allegations, suspicions and/or evidence of infringement of this rule gives us the right to cancel any remaining sessions and ban you from our facility at our absolute discretion.
- You may not enter our facility or use our equipment while under the influence of alcohol, illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs or supplements (including steroids).
- The following forms of verbal or other expression are not allowed:
- an expression that amounts to: (a) propaganda for war;(b) incitement of violence; or (c) advocacy of hatred that is based on race, ethnicity, gender or religion,
- an expression which is or can reasonably be understood to demonstrate a clear intention to be hurtful, degrading or inflammatory.
- an expression which could reasonably be understood to be a clear intention to unfairly discriminate against any person on grounds of race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth.
- an expression which could reasonably be understood to be a clear intention to advance or suggest the inferiority of a group based on race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth.
- an expression which could reasonably be understood to impair or is likely to impair the dignity of others.
- You must not commit any acts of intimidation or threats, or use menacing behaviour towards other customers, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff, or conduct yourself in a way which can reasonably be expected to result in disruption to our facility and its operations.
- You must not verbally, physically or sexually abuse or harass, or use violent behaviour towards other customers, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff.
- You must not commit any unhygienic or immoral act or acts which may cause distaste, revulsion or abhorrence to other customers, guests, visitors, tenants or members of staff.
- You will have to pay for any damage caused by you, your dependants and your guests while at our facility.
- Only one individual is allowed in a shower cubicle at any one time.
- The manager who is on duty at any given time shall monitor behaviour of customers and, if in his or her opinion, behaviour of a customer or customers is found to be non-compliant with these Rules, it may result in: (a) you being asked to leave the facility, alternatively being removed from the facility; and (b) in extreme circumstances, your relationship with Thrive Fitness being terminated and any remaining sessions cancelled.
WHAT (NOT) TO WEAR
- Suitable and appropriate exercise clothing must be worn at all times while exercising in our facility. T-shirts/vests (no bare chests) and closed footwear (no slops/sandals) must be worn at all times (except in the wet areas). If you are unsure of what to wear, please ask a staff customer.
- Any available parking is only for customers and guests while using our facility. Where applicable, customers are liable for any parking fees that may be due.
- If your car is not parked properly, it may be clamped and a fee charged for its release. Do not leave valuables visible inside your vehicles.
- All vehicles are parked and driven at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss, theft and/or damage to vehicles and/or valuables left in vehicles or any other mode of transport of customers or their guests whilst on our premises or in any parking area designated for use by customers or their guests.
- While we will endeavour to provide a safe and secure environment, please ensure that your personal insurance policy covers you for loss of personal effects. We do not accept responsibility for any loss or theft of money or loss or damage to personal property of customers or their guests on our facility.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended on our facility at any time, and report any lost item immediately to a staff customer.
EQUIPMENT AND THE TRAINING FLOOR
- Please use the equipment for its intended purpose and follow the instructions provided. Do ask for help if you need it.
- Please inspect equipment before use and do not use the equipment if it appears damaged and/or inoperable or any component appears to be missing, worn and/or damaged. We need to know, so please report damaged equipment to a staff customer.
- Please use all available safety devices on the equipment. Inspect all cables, straps and other connections prior to use.
- Please do not use dumbbells or any other equipment, other than equipment specifically provided by the manufacturer, to incrementally increase weight resistance on strength equipment. If unsure, please ask for help from a staff customer.
- Please be gentle. Handle weights and equipment with care and replace after use.
- While completing a class and moving from zone-to-zone, please do your best to move in time and use the equipment in the correct order.
- Classes need to be pre-booked on our website at thrivefitnesssa.co.za, and our indoor classes have a maximum capacity of 16 attendees. Class timetables and instructors may change from time to time without notice too. Please check the website for the latest schedule. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to the start of the class.
- Our Class Pass packages are valid for 6 weeks from date of purchase, except our Unlimited package, which is valid for 30 days from date of purchase.
- Your Class Pass is only valid for you, on your profile.
- If you cancel within 12 hours you’ll lose your booking and the session will be deducted from your Class Pass.
- Junior customers under the age of 16 years may not participate in any classes, unless participating in an age-appropriate programme/classes being led by a Thrive Fitness recognised fitness professional.
BOXING AND KETTLEBELLS
- Observe the space around you when using the boxing equipment and kettlebells to avoid causing harm to other customers.
- For your own protection, wear protective hand wraps and gloves when using a boxing bag.
- You may use the equipment at your own convenience but please note that scheduled group classes, led by an instructor, will take priority over individual users.
OUTDOOR AREA – THE TURF
- Please do not use the outdoor area in inclement weather (rain, thunder and lightning) and do not use equipment if wet.
- Consider your exposure to the sun and high temperatures and remain well-hydrated. Surfaces may be hot.
- Access the outdoor area through the facility only. Climbing over the fence/wall is strictly prohibited.
- Please do not take any free weights or additional equipment to the outdoor area.
- Any classes led by a fitness instructor take priority over individual users. All classes will be advertised on our website at thrivefitnesssa.co.za.
- Junior customers under 16 are not allowed in the outdoor area unless participating in an instructor-led class.
- If you’re interested in signing up for a Personal Trainer, you will find all the details of our authorised trainers on our website at www.thrivefitnesssa.co.za. You can ask at our front desk and we will gladly put you in touch with someone.
- Only authorised Thrive Fitness Personal Trainers are permitted to provide personal training at our facility. Personal training by another customer is not allowed whether it’s for payment or not. If we find someone providing unauthorised personal training, our Manager will investigate and you and the trainer may be expelled or suspended.
- Our Personal Trainers work for themselves – please ensure that you sign an agreement with your Personal Trainer and obtain a receipt every time you purchase sessions.
BEST SELF CHALLENGE
- Customers can only sign up for one #BestSelfChallenge programme per 6-month period
- Please do not mess with fire doors or tamper with any safety devices.
- If there is an emergency, please follow the staff’s instructions at all times.
- Please be aware of the different floor surfaces and gradients that you move across as you walk through our facility.
- As ongoing cleaning and maintenance will be taking place, related tools and equipment may be hazardous, and some floor surfaces may be wet and therefore slippery. Proceed with caution in these areas.
- Please report all injuries/incidents and/or any hazards that you spot to a staff customer.
You will not be allowed access to our facility outside of our specified opening times. Please visit our website or Social Media pages for more information. We reserve absolute discretion when approving registrations to our facility. Complaints should be made directly to the General Manager in person, via the “Let’s Chat” tab on the website, or through Facebook Messenger. Our right of admission remains reserved at all times.
Hout Bay Thrive Fitness (Pty) Ltd, trading as Thrive Fitness / Thrive Fitness SA
(Registration Number 2018/409053/07)
Thrive Fitness knows that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This policy describes the types of personal information that we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy
- Personal Information:
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Thrive Fitness is controlled by Hout Bay Thrive Fitness (Pty) Ltd, whose registered office is at 31 Victoria Avenue, Hout Bay, Cape Town, 7806, Cape Town, South Africa. A number of suppliers act as data processors on behalf of us from time to time.
- What personal information does Thrive Fitness collect?
The information we collect from our members, community members an visitors help us to continually improve your experience at Thrive Fitness. This personal information may include – your name and contact information; ID/passport number; date of birth; preferred communication methods; bank details and credit card details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your usage of the club services, number of classes attended, types of classes attended etc. We also collect the following information:
- Special personal information: The term “special personal information” in this context refers to information relating to your religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political opinions, health, sexual life or criminal behaviour. Whilst we do not generally collect special personal information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. We will use health information provided by you exclusively to serve you better and meet your particular needs. By providing this information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this policy.
- Personal information about children: We do not knowingly collect personal information from children (under 18 years of age) without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
- Contacting us via our Website or otherwise: When you use the www.thrivefitnesssa.co.za website (our “Site”) or any future Thrive Fitness mobile application or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email, SMS or other messenger service, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Surveys: We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes from time to time, although you do not have to respond to them.
- What do we do with personal information collected from you?
- What about Cookies?
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
- Does Thrive Fitness share the information it receives?
Information about our members is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. Thrive Fitness shares member information only as described below.
- How secure is information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- What about links to other websites?
- What choices do I have?
- Notices and Revisions
- Social Media and privacy
From time-to-tome, Thrive Fitness may capture workouts or other activity and images for the purposes of posting to their social media channels. By registering as a Thrive Fitness customer, you agree to the possibility that your face or other recognisable elements may be visible when shared in social media, and you may be tagged on occasion. If you would like to have these posts removed at any time or have your profile untagged, please contact the club General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook Messenger on the Thrive Fitness SA Page. Unless a request is received in writing, Thrive Fitness will deem to have received permission granted as part of your registration process.